Sunday, December 6, 2009

Some fun on the Machin / Desague and camping on the Llancahue



   We've been having fun down here! With the rain cleared up we have been trying to get on some different rivers. We were convinced by our new friends to get down to the Machin for some Giant Gap esque style boating!

Getting ready at takeout. I forgot my shorts!

  I realized about halfway there that I forgot my swim trunks, so I decided I'd just have have to suck it up and boat in my boxers! I was told I was gonna be cold, but it turned out fine.


Julian and I watching Shehab make his way down the crux rapid.

  The Machin was really fun and incredibly beautiful! The lighting was a little rough in there so I don't have to many more photos. Props to Ian for making due though!
  Once we were done with the Machin we were still hungry for more boating! We decided to go to the park and huck Ojos de Desague. Chris and I being there once before, we quickly showed the rest the lines and set safety. The lighting here was equally bad if not worse than the machin, but once again Ian makes due!


It's kinda hard to see me, but I'm in the background just entering the water.

This is probably one of the best park and hucks I have ever been to. It's super clean and big everywhere!


Tulley lining up the left side of the falls!




Me at the lip of the right side. You can see a bit of the sketch wood at the bottom.
 
  All and all life is good down here in Chile! Thanks Ian for the photos!

-Jon

1 comment:

  1. sweet rivers guys! I'll b there in one week, cant wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete